Now That I'm Someone Else

LIfe and loves of the bubble bath queen

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cubicle Life

Good morning world. It’s a beautiful day and I’m sitting in a 5x5 cubicle. What’s wrong with this picture? Are we really meant to spend our lives indoors staring at cubicle walls?



I used to love my job, I still like it, and I’m good at it, I just want out of this cubicle. I’ve tried to make it homey and welcoming, there are pictures of all the kids in my life, pictures of Joyce and I doing silly things, a white board that I write the quote of the day on, music, my grow a boyfriend sponge, little sayings that I’ve collected, and then there is the wallpaper that is made up of company information that I need to have readily available. All I can say is, yuck!!



I talk on the phone to customers, send tons of emails, but there is no interaction. Of course I interact with my co workers, not as much as you might think, but we do talk, gossip around the water cooler. It’s not enough.



I want to meet new people, see new things. I want a job that challenges me everyday to be the best I can be, not one that stifles my creativity. I feel like a square peg trying to fit in a round hole.



Don’t get me wrong, I’m good at this. I don’t even like saying that, I never considered myself a sales person, just thinking about salesmen conjures up all kinds of bad images. I don’t want to be a slick, smooth talker who can worm her way in to make the sale. I want to develop rapport with people, get to know them, befriend them.



I think it’s time for a change. In all areas of my life I’m feeling a shift. My stint as a full time parent is drawing to a close, everyday Mo get’s more and more independent and less and less my little girl. She is in a hurry to grow up and be her own person, I’m trying to let go, but in order to let go, I need something else to put my energy into.



My personal life is a joke, apparently there is a magnet imbedded in my forehead that attracts every alcoholic, substance abusing, unemployed, cheating, unreliable, commitmentphobe in Utah! Time for a change.



And then there is my job. I like to work, I enjoy people, I just don’t enjoy cubicle life. Ideas are swirling around in my head, things I can do to support us without coming to this cubicle every day. Wish me luck!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home