Now That I'm Someone Else

LIfe and loves of the bubble bath queen

Friday, May 1, 2009

The cake lady

Somehow, in the course of my job as H's mom, I've become the birthday cake lady. I don't know how it happened but, if you are under 16 and know me, chances are I've made at least one of your birthday cakes.

I'm don't want you to think I'm good at this, just inventive! I can take box cake mixes, canned frosting, round and square cake pans and turn them into a birthday cake only a child can love.

I think it started with my brother T, when he was ten and crazy about the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles, I made the four turtle heads, complete with eye scarf thingy's in the correct colors! It's snowballed from there.

So far, and just off the top of my head I have made, a bunch of balloons, a flower, Christmas lights, a castle, doll cakes, boobies ( not for the children), elmo, dora the explorer, a train, blocks, a childs name, and a football that was clearly an intoxicated mistake since it was for my neice's first birthday- the only thing that saved me was the December birthday and the Sunday party- the football looked like it was on purpose!

Why am I rambling about cakes you ask? I like cake, mixing them, baking them, cutting them, frosting them and of course eating them.

I sent a pic of the flower cake I made for B's first birthday party tomorrow, and sent it from my phone, so far, it hasn't shown up- maybe it will and you will see how immensely talented I am. Or maybe that's just better left to the imagination!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home