Now That I'm Someone Else

LIfe and loves of the bubble bath queen

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Snow, snow and more snow........

I really, really wish I lived somewhere warm. Don't get me wrong, I like a white Christmas as much as the next girl, but after that, I'm tired of shoveling and sliding not to mention freezing! It's almost the end of March and here in sunny Utah Mother Nature is still laughing at us, after all, we did put Greatest Snow on Earth on our license plates, that must mean we want more, more, more!
This is my first week of what I consider my full adulthood. So many things have changed over the past five years, turning me into this grown up, now it seems that even more will change.
I have always been pretty healthy, I take care of myself, I exercise, eat fairly well, I'm petite so I watch my weigth, so everything should be fine right?
Not so much, for the last few months my left leg has been going numb, not like falling on the floor, no strength numb, more like the skin on the front of it is always falling asleep, and the bottom of my bum hurts, like I've been exercising too hard. I thought since it wasn't going away I should have it checked so I made an appointment for a physical, mentioning the leg and the bum thing and showed up full of optimism.
Now, it's a week later, I had an MRI yesterday on my lumbar spine, my blood tests are back, I have borderline high cholesterol and my vitamin D is too low? Don't you get vitamin D from sunshine? So what she is telling me is that I have a lack of sunshine in my life? Well hello! It won't stop freaking snowing! I'm trying to be optimistic about this full adulthood thing, but already it seems my body wants to betray me, and I don't even want to talk about the hot flashes!
I thought puberty was bad but it's starting to look like a piece of cake compared to this midlife thing. Of course now I'm older and wiser so I can deal with this better right? I told my daughter, on the outside I may look like your Mom but on the inside I'm still that 16 year old girl wondering if she is going to get asked to Prom. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Different problems, not acne this time, wrinkles instead. My boobs aren't growing but if I'm not careful my butt will. Who needs a period....... I wake up in a puddle of my own sweat. Maybe that is why I'm single, so some poor unsuspecting man doesn't have to sleep in my sweat.
Back to work, although I'm still trying to figure out how to date successfully now and how to understand men. I didn't understand boys and now that has transferred to men, what do they want? What do I want? And how do we make it work together?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home