Now That I'm Someone Else

LIfe and loves of the bubble bath queen

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Another baby birthday party, another cake


So Mo's sister, the irrepressible Ivy Dawn just turned one. Of course we made the cake, I don't have a a picture of it yet, they are still on Mo's camera, at her fathers, but it was pretty boring as far as baby birthday cakes go. She loved it anyway, the face that child has, cracks me up! I don't think she could get any cuter.

I didn't go line dancing with my sisters this week because I was getting ready for Ivy's birthday and a bbq I was having, so I had to be responsible and do chores. So if one of my sisters would like to write a guest blog about their experience with all of our dancing friends, I would be more than happy to publish it here. (HInt, hint)

So Mo and I made birthday cakes for Ivy and enjoyed every minute of her birthday party. I just have one question- How many twelve month old shoplifters do you know? That's the only reason I can think of for the packaging that goes into baby toys.

Most babies have an attention span of 4.2 seconds and with three adults and one teenager anxiously tearing into toy packages it still took five to ten minutes to open one freaking toy!

Oh, and we took lots and lots of pictures of the three adults who were trying to assemble Ivy's first ride on toy. It couldn't have been more confusing if the directions were written in Chinese. At one point Steve wore the handlebars as a hat because he couldn't figure out how to make them fit on the toy. Pictures will follow on my Facebook.

Last night at the bbq Jen and Tim brought the girls. I realized that my reputation does proceed me.

As Jen was getting the girls ready to come to the bbq, Mylee wanted to wear a little pink necklace and bracelet set. She asked Jen if she rememeber who gave her those, Jen said she didn't rememeber, and my beautiful Mylee said " Yes you do Mommy, it's the lady who makes my cakes."

At least she's not still calling me Grandma!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home