Now That I'm Someone Else

LIfe and loves of the bubble bath queen

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Swine flu- seriously people!

Can't a girl not feel good and not have some highly contagious, weird disease? I mean, come on! I started feeling yucky on Friday and by Sunday night I had chills and a sore throat, nothing major, I even went to work on Monday.

I heard " Get the clorox wipes, she's got the swine" more times than I think was necessary, but I guess everyone has to fear something. Then I went walking with my sister and she was also convinced that it was swine flu and I was infecting her.

I came home. feeling much worse after walking for an hour and finally took my temperature, 101.7, ok, let's call insta care.

I went in, they made me wear a mask and not sit with other people, it was strep. Simple little strep, well maybe not so simple, I certainly felt like shit.

However, I did find out that my teenager, who seems to think I'm no more human than most ATM's, has a nurturing side. She made me hot tea with honey and lemon, heated up the rice packs to put in bed with me when I was shaking from the chills, and got up in the middle of the night to bring me ibuprofen when the fever and chills were killing me. Thank you my sweet little Mo, I am one lucky Momma!

Today I am much better, instead of chills I'm sweating, can't tell if it's from the strep or if it's just hot flashes run amok, either way, the bath tub sure feels good today. Not the greenest activity in the world, taking four or five baths a day, but it feels oh so wonderful.

I'm off to curl up on the couch with a book, the guilty pleasures of being sick. It certainly is nice to have an entire day to do nothing. I keep making a list in my head of all the things I could get done since I'm home anyway, clean the garage, mow the front yard, finish sanding the spare room...... it goes on and on. But I think, just this once, I'm going to take care of me and do absolutely nothing.......if I could just get someone to bring me some food, I'd have it made!

Oh, one more thing. I am trying to take a step everyday towards living my dream ( that whole writing thing) so in addition to writing my stories every day, I started today, applying for freelance writing positions. I'll let you know how it goes!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home